All CCRF Research Grants will be reviewed and evaluted carefully. Below you will find information about general evaluation criteria.
- Applications are screened by CCRF staff for completeness.
- All applicants receive notification (funded or not funded).
- The review process takes up to 5 weeks; it can take longer depending on the number of candidates for each award program.
Individuals evaluating your application will use the criteria list below. They will consider your application holistically; not every point needs to be addressed but applicants should be cognizant of these criteria for the purposes of crafting a competitive application:
- Adequate academic preparation for proposed work and the student’s potential for success
- Motivation: sincere curiosity and interest in topic or research experience
- Research mentor’s overall assessment of student’s abilities and potential for learning and contributing to the research
Understanding of Research
- Clarity and depth of the project description
- Quality of written proposal
- Student’s ability to place his/her research in a broader context
- Student’s demonstrated facility with the concepts, methodologies, and questions in the field of study; project description clearly written in student’s own voice
- Student’s articulation of his/her responsibilities and how they relate to the overall research project
Quality and Intensity of Experience
- Student’s investment in the research
- Level of participation and challenge for the student’s point of development
- Quality of mentoring support and the research environment
Educational and Long-Term Impact
- Achieved and potential learning benefits of research experience
- Longer-term education and/or career goals and describes how research experience moves them toward goals
- Impact of financial support on student’s engagement with research and impact of selection as a research grant recipient