ASPET Institutional Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship
The ASPET Institutional Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship and the Charles Ross Summer Fellowship for Underrepresented Students are designed for undergraduate students seeking additional research experience outside of their home institutions. Current U-M students are also eligible to apply. Applications are especially encouraged from students with research experience who wish to pursue a Ph.D. in the basic sciences.
During a summer at Michigan Pharmacology, students will conduct an intensive research project with faculty and graduate students. Throughout the summer, all students will engage in a series of academic and professional development seminars. At the end of the 10-week project, students will present their research to the department. The 2022 program will run from May 31 to August 5, 2022.
The summer programs goals are to:
- Introduce students to and prepare them for advanced studies in a Ph.D. program
- Build professional and personal networks to support student’s interest in the field
- Encourage students to apply to a Ph.D. program at U-M
Minimum Qualifications and/or Eligibility Requirements:
Eligible applicants must:
- Be full-time college students
- Have completed at least two terms
- Have maintained a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Be able to devote 10 consecutive weeks to full time laboratory research
Submit an application here.
Application deadline: February 6, 2022