2020 Illinois Chemical Education Foundation: Undergraduate Scholarship
Undergraduate Scholarship for Chemistry students who are Illinois residents
2020 Illinois Chemical Education Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship
Open to all Future Chemistry, Chemical Engineers, Environnmental Engineers and High School Chemistry Teachers
The Illinois Chemical Education Foundation (ICEF), administered by the Chemical Industry Council of Illinois (CIC!), invites you to apply for a $2,000 Scholarship Award. ICEF presents a number of scholarship awards each year to Illinois residents at the undergraduate level. We welcome all applications for ICEF scholarships.
Please submit the following information postmarked no later than Friday, February 21, 2020, and received no later than Wednesday, February, 26, 2020.
- Name, address (with zip code), email and telephone number only;· please have this on a separate sheet of paper
- Official (must have college seal or be in separate envelope from the college with signature) college transcript including GPA with scale
- Two letters of recommendation are required from instructors or professors in chemistry, physics, biochemistry or chemical/environmental engineering. The letter MUST be on official letterhead and signed.
- A one-page essay on: "What is your major motivation for engaging in your current field of study, and why do you think that's important"
- List of extracurricular activities, including community service, awards and accomplishments, and employment/work experience
The information should be put together in a complete packet and sent to:
ICEF/Undergraduate Scholarship Awards
1400 E. Touhy Ave.
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Please Note: Only chosen applicants will be notified.
Winners will be notified by mail. The ICEF Scholarship Awards will be presented at our 63rd Annual Scholarship Luncheon. Be sure to include a return address and a contact telephone number with your application!
Additional information on the Scholarship Program and ICEF can be found on our website at https://www.cicil.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39:undergraduate-scholarship-application&catid=20:site-content&Itemid=131