What might potential faculty research mentors request?
- A curriculum vita or extended academic resume.
- An unofficial transcript. Do not print out your record from myUChicago or take a screen shot. Present them with a formal, unofficial pdf or hard copy for review. Some research may require the completion of certain courses in advance.
- References from previous faculty, advisor, and/or employer.
- Information about previous research experiences you have had, if any, and how you (honestly) assess you skill-level.
- A sense of the time (hours per week) you have available. This will measure your committment, to a large degree.
- A clear statement about why you are interested in their work and, more generally, engaging in research.