College Global Health Research Scholars Grant Award:
- Scholars will receive a $5,000 grant for two-quarters of research. Grants will be awarded in two quarterly installments of $2,500, across two concurrent quarters.
Additional benefits for College Global Health Research Scholars:
- College Global Health Research Scholars will benefit from quarterly research meetings, scholar-community events and directed advising on relevant opportunities and resources.
- College Global Health Research Scholars will be automatically inducted into the Owl and Serpent Research Society, an open-discipline honor society for students engaged in scholarly research across the University of Chicago.
- Upon successful completion of at least one full quarter of research as a College Global Health Research Scholar, and a presentation at one University of Chicago Undergraduate Research Symposium, scholars will receive the following honors notation on their official transcript: “College Global Health Research Scholar”.
- Institutional support through the College Center for Research and Fellowships (CCRF) for scholarly research and recognition of that work for future postgraduate endeavours, including but not limited to advanced study, professional careers in a broad array of fields, research-based grants and prestigious nationally and internationally competitive fellowships.
Expectations of College Global Health Research Scholars:
- All College Global Health Research scholars will be expected to participate in the annual Research Scholars Curriculum which includes quarterly meetings to present updates on their work to their peers, colleagues and invited guests; specilaized training on IRB, Research Ethics, Library resources; and, support in drafting research-proposal based application, preparing oral presentations, writing abstracts, and/or designing research posters.
- All College Global Health Research scholars and mentors will be asked to complete a quarterly research-assessment form reporting on their experience.
- All College Global Health Research scholars will be required to present their research at the annual University of Chicago Undergraduate Research Symposium (May, 2021, and every May thereafter); if unable to present at the first symposium, they will be required to do so before graduation.
- For the duration of the award period, students must continue to be actively engaged with their research project and faculty mentor, and remain a full-time undergraduate student in good standing with the University.
- All College Global Health Research scholars will be asked to complete one or two brief surveys during their award period and will be invited to submit annual alumni surveys.
The College Global Health Research Scholars program is generously funded by the Pozen family. It was created and is managed by the College Center for Research & Fellowships (CCRF), with the support of the Social Sciences Collegiate Division. Questions about the program from faculty or students should be directed to Dr. Nichole Fazio, Executive Director of the College Center for Research and Fellowships (firstname.lastname@example.org).