Amgen Scholars Program
Made possible through a 16-year, $74 million commitment from the Amgen Foundation, the Amgen Scholars Program allows undergraduates from across the globe to participate in cutting-edge research opportunities at world-class institutions.
Undergraduate participants benefit from undertaking a research project under top faculty, being part of a cohort-based experience of seminars and networking events, and taking part in a symposium in their respective region where they meet their peers, learn about biotechnology, and hear from leading scientists.
Amgen Scholars at a glance:
- During the program, students work full-time on independent research projects under the guidance of a research scientist.
- Amgen Scholars have opportunities to conduct research, analyze data, present research results, network with other undergraduates with similar research interests, and develop working relationships with faculty mentors and other research staff.
- Amgen Scholars learn how to collaborate effectively in research settings while investigating areas of research interest within a specific discipline and gaining practical skills and knowledge for both graduate study and post-graduate careers.
- Financial support is a critical component of the Amgen Scholars Program. Please note that details vary by host institution. See each institution’s Amgen Scholars Program website for more information.
Minimum Qualifications and/or Eligibility Requirements:
- No previous research experience is necessary and you do not need to be a biology major to apply.
- You do not need to currently attend one of the host institutions to participate in the program. In fact, Amgen Scholars have represented over 500 colleges and universities to date.
- For U.S. programs, U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required. Programs in Asia are open to all undergraduates.
Each host institution has a separate online application. Follow the links below to access the webpages for more detailed instructions based upon the location of your search:
Application deadline: February 1, 2022