Albert Einstein Summer Undergraduate Research Program
Each summer the Einstein Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) brings together 50 college students each summer for a one-of-a-kind opportunity to conduct original research in a laboratory at one of the world's top-ranking scientific institutions. The program is designed for undergraduates with a strong background in science who are considering a research career.
Minimum Qualifications and/or Eligibility Requirements:
- Outstanding undergraduate students considering the SURP program must meet the following criteria:
- A strong background in the sciences (biology, biochemistry, chemistry, physics, bioengineering or chemical engineering, etc.).
- Completion of junior year in college. In rare instances, sophomores with strong science and/or research backgrounds may be considered. Freshmen and seniors will not be considered.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
All applicants to the Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) must complete an online application. The application is linked on their website.
- Completed online application
- Scanned copies of your academic transcripts
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
Applications are usually due February 1.