There are additional ways to search for funding to support your graduate studies in the UK and Ireland. We encourage all candidates who have applied to the major national awards to also consider taking the time to search for alternative funding both through their chosen institution and through some of the resources provided below. CCRF staff are not experts on every funding option available in the UK or Ireland, nor are there formal support or endorsement processes required. Students are expected to perform their own due-dilligance, using the resources below and CCRF staff can review personal statements, as needed:
University of Oxford:
- Clarendon Fellowships: largest post-graduate fellowship program for international students (all disciplines) at Oxford: https://www.ox.ac.uk/clarendon/information-for-applicants/eligibility?wssl=1. Application process in parallel with University of Oxford admissions application.
- Nuffield College Fellowship Scheme: all post-graduate students in the social sciences who are offered a place at Nuffield College will receive full funding. They must note (and be admitted to) Nuffield as their first choice college on the University of Oxford graduate admissions application: https://www.nuffield.ox.ac.uk/study-here/funding-your-studies/
University of Exeter - doctoral fellowships:
- The College of Humanities have 2 full fee (tuition) awards plus stipend for 3 years: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/money/fundingsearch/awarddetails/?id=3409. Deadline: early February
- The College of Social Sciences and International Studies and the Business School are each offering 1 full fee award (but no stipend): http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/money/fundingsearch/awarddetails/?id=3427. Deadline: early March
- The College of Life and Environmental Sciences and The College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences are each offering 1 full fee award (no stipend). Also and separately 10 x 25% tuition fee reductions: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/money/fundingsearch/awarddetails/?id=3426 and http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/money/fundingsearch/awarddetails/?id=3425: Deadline: early March
University of Cambridge:
- John Crook Scholarships: funds a second BA at St. John's College, Cambridge (first generation students): https://www.joh.cam.ac.uk/john-crook-scholarships
- Davies Jackson Scholarship: funds a second BA or one-year BA leading to MPhil at St. John's College, Cambridge (first generation students): https://www.cic.edu/programs/davies-jackson-scholarship
Target Postgrad: https://targetpostgrad.com/
- Information about UK and Ireland postgraduate programs and funding options.
- A career and postgraduate education site that includes information about funding options.