Worldstudio AIGA Scholarship
Worldstudio Foundation, in conjunction with AIGA, the professional association for design, provides scholarships to minority and economically disadvantaged students who are studying design and arts disciplines in colleges and universities in the United States.
Among the scholarships’ primary aims are to increase diversity in the creative professions and to foster social and environmental responsibility in the artists, designers and studios of tomorrow. To this end, scholarship recipients are selected not only for their ability and need, but also for their demonstrated commitment to positive change in the larger community through their work.
Scholarship recipients are selected not only for their talent and their need, but also for their demonstrated commitment to giving back to the larger community through their work. Each award is paid directly to the recipient’s school and applied toward tuition.
11:59 p.m. PDT: Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a citizen of the United States or be in possession of a Green Card
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a design or art discipline (fine art, graphic design, illustration, interactive design, or photography) and must intend to pursue that discipline as a career
- Must be matriculated (or planning to matriculate) at an accredited college or university for the 2017-2018 school year and must maintain full-time status for the entire year
- Though not a requirement, minority status is a significant factor considered in jury decisions
- Must have at least a 2.0 GPA
- Must present financial need (complete financial aid information and signature of financial aid officer)
Applications are available exclusively through AIGA's official online application system, which can be found on their website. The application deadline for the 2018-2019 school year is not yet finalized but will likely be May 1, 2018.