Rotary Peace Master's Degree Fellowships
Each year, Rotary International selects individuals from around the world to receive fully funded academic fellowships at one of its "peace centers." These fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship/field study expenses.
Master's Degree fellowships support study at premier universities in fields related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention. Programs last 15–24 months and require a practical internship of 2–3 months during the academic break. Each year up to 50 master’s fellowships are awarded by these institutions:
- Duke University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, US
- International Christian University, Japan
- University of Bradford, UK
- University of Queensland, Australia
- Uppsala University, Sweden
Final Rotary Deadline: Saturday, May 15, 2021
Rotary Peace Fellows must also complete a two- to three-month practical internship between academic terms.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Proficiency in English; proficiency in a second language is strongly recommended
- Strong commitment to international understanding and peace as demonstrated through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service
- Excellent leadership skills
- Master's degree applicants: minimum three years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, bachelor's degree
- Certificate applicants: minimum five years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, strong academic background
Applications are submitted through local Rotary clubs or districts, preferably near the applicant's legal or permanent place of residence, full-time study, or employment. Application deadlines vary by club/district, so applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the club/district before beginning the application.
Applicants cannot apply directly to The Rotary Foundation or to a Rotary Peace Center. Visit rotary.org to find a local club or district; applicants who experience difficulty finding a local club or district should email firstname.lastname@example.org.