National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) Scholarship
The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) awards scholarships to 60-70 outstanding students in a variety of academic disciplines for use during the following academic year. Scholarships range from $2,500 – $12,000.
Each scholarship award can only cover tuition and university-provided room and board. Scholarship recipients are eligible for one year of scholarship support. Scholarship monies not used during one academic year are not transferable to the following academic year. Scholarship applicants and winners can and are encouraged to reapply in subsequent years.
Application Deadline (11:59pm EST): Tuesday, March 1, 2022
Applicants typically fall into two general categories:
- Italian American students who demonstrate outstanding potential and high academic achievements. Area of study: open.
- Those students from any ethnic background majoring or minoring in Italian language, Italian studies, Italian American studies or a related field, who demonstrate outstanding potential and high academic achievements.
To be considered for a NIAF scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member of NIAF or have a parent, guardian or grandparent who is a member of NIAF. Not a member? Visit the membership page to join or renew your membership
- Be enrolled in a US accredited institution of higher education for the Fall 2021 semester.
- Have a grade-point average of at least 3.5 out of 4.0 (or the equivalent). Some scholarships require a lower GPA requirement for eligibility. Students that are a part of a pass-fail system are also welcome to apply.
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident alien.
- Have at least one ancestor who has immigrated from Italy.
For complete details on the application process and needed materials, visit this page.