Migrant Farmworker Baccalaureate Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial support to a deserving student with a history of migrating for employment in agriculture who has successfully completed one year of college. This support, up to a possible $20,000.00, will cover expenses beyond what the youth has been able to procure in federal/state and other scholarship assistance. This scholarship is designed to assist the youth in obtaining a baccalaureate degree without being encumbered by substantial debt.
This scholarship is made available through a generous endowment from a concerned individual for the education of children of migrant farmworkers.
Postmark date: Wednesday, July 1, 2020
• Recent history of movement for agricultural employment
• Scholastic achievement
• Financial need
• Successful completion of at least one year at an accredited post-secondary institutio
A completed application form must be postmarked annually by July 1st, accompanied by:
- Three letters of recommendation, at least one of which must be from a school, community or educational agency representative with a personal knowledge of the applicant’s character and commitment to obtaining a baccalaureate degree
- A personal essay of at least 500 words telling about his/her background, career and personal goals, and indicating why he/she should receive this assistance
- A copy of college transcript showing the most recent grades obtained
- Financial need documentation in the form of a copy of most recent income tax return of applicant or parents, a copy of school financial aid form, or loan documentation
- A copy of the applicant’s most recent Migrant Education Certificate of Eligibility (COE)