Laboratory for Atmosphere and Space Physics REU
The University of Colorado invites undergraduates to apply for a paid summer research experience for highly motivated students interested in solar and space physics. Students will come to Boulder, Colorado for 10 weeks to work on a research project with a mentor. The topic areas span the field of solar and space physics, from instrument hardware to data analysis to modeling of the Sun, the Sun-Earth system, the near-Earth environment, or the heliosphere.
Succesful applicants will work with scientist mentors at one of these Boulder institutes:
- Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP)
- National Solar Observatory (NSO)
- High Altitude Observatory (HAO)
- NOAA’s Space Weather Prediction Center (SWPC)
- Southwest Research Institute (SwRI)
- Northwest Research Associates (NWRA)
- Space Science Institute (SSI)
- Atmospheric & Space Technology Research Associates (ASTRA)
The program begins with a week-long summer school in solar and space physics and continues with seminars and discussions while you work at one of the participating laboratories, providing peer collaboration opportunities. At the end of the summer, you will present your research findings.
Application Deadline: Monday, February 1, 2021
1st 2nd and 3rd year undergraduates
U.S. citizens or permanent residents