Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship Program (Cancelled due to COVID-19)
DARMASISWA is a scholarship program offered to foreign students to study Bahasa Indonesia, arts, music, and crafts. Scholarship recipients can study at any of the 45 different universities in Indonesia. The main purpose of the DARMASISWA program is to promote and increase the interest in the languages and culture of Indonesia and to strengthen cultural links and understanding between participating countries.
Applicants may choose either a one-year or six-month residency. The scholarship provides a monthly stipend, to cover housing, book allowances, local transportation, health care, and incidentals.
- Not more than 35 years of age
- Have completed secondary education (or its equivalent)
- Be in good health
- Able to communicate in English
- Have basic knowledge of the field to which one is applying
Prospective applicants are required to register at the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in one's country of origin.
To apply to the program, one must submit the following:
- Completed admissions application form;
- Copy of academic transcripts;
- Copy of valid passport;
- Curriculum vitae/resume;
- Recommendation letter;
- Language certificate (if applicable)
- Essay on purpose of study (500 word maximum)
- Passport-size color photograph.
All forms and submission addresses can be found on the Darmasiswa web site.
Information and dates for the upcoming application cycle will be released soon.