Cultural Vistas Internship Program in Argentina (Virtual for 2021)
The Cultural Vistas Internship Program in Argentina provides internships a variety of fields, including, but not limited to, business/finance, tourism, IT, media/communications, international relations, the nonprofit sector, Spanish studies, and economics.
For the summer of 2021, we will select up to 15 fellows to take part in our first ever Cultural Vistas Virtual Fellowship – a dedicated professional development program that includes eight-week summer remote internships in Argentina, Germany, or Southeast Asia.
All internships are unpaid; however, scholarships are available to qualified participants. All participants receive a scholarship application following acceptance to the program.
Cultural Vistas works with various organizations to place participants in professional internships that meet their individual goals and career interests. Companies range from small family-owned businesses to multinational holdings. Cultural Vistas Internship Program in Argentina includes:
- Application assistance including help drafting an Argentinean-style resume
- Internship placement in your target field with an Argentinean organization
- Pre-departure orientation mailing
- Financial assistance via the Cultural Vistas Scholarship Fund (must apply separately)
- Health insurance (at an additional cost of $55 per month)
- Airport pickup upon arrival in Argentina (optional)
- Cultural immersion and orientation seminar upon arrival in Buenos Aires or Córdoba
- Enrollment in language course (language/internship option)
- Housing in Buenos Aires or Córdoba (optional)
- Support throughout the program in Argentina and the United States
- Re-entry information and tips on marketing international experience to U.S. employers
11:59 p.m. EST : Friday, December 11, 2020
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- U.S. or Canadian citizen
- 18–30 years of age
- Two years of post-secondary instruction in Spanish or the equivalent (language/internship option)
- Two years of post-secondary instruction in Spanish or the equivalent AND high-intermediate level of Spanish sufficient to function in a Spanish-speaking work environment immediately upon arrival in Argentina (internship option)
- Minimum of two years of university-level studies
- Practical experience in target internship field does not need to be extensive, but is preferred (i.e. summer employment, prior internship, volunteer position, etc.). The more experience an applicant has, the more desirable he/she will be to a potential host company.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. Applications must be submitted at least 3 to 4 months before desired start date. The application can be accessed here and includes the following:
- Completed online application
- Passport-style photo (of you alone, wearing business attire)
- Official college/university transcripts
- If this internship is required for your degree, please include a letter verifying this
- Current resume in English
- Letter of recommendation from a current or former employer
- Letter of recommendation from a professor qualified to comment on your Spanish language skills
- One-page resume in Spanish patterned after the sample provided. Your Spanish resume should reflect your skills and experience as in your English resume
- Completed diagnostic Spanish language test
- Completed Housing Request Form (not required if you would like to find your own housing)
- Personal statement in Spanish titled “Mis esperanzas sobre el programa en Argentina”. The statement should not exceed one typewritten page (1.5 spacing, 12 point font) and should address the following topics:
- The field in which you would prefer to intern
- The type of work you expect to do
- What skills you have to offer a host company as an intern, and where and how you acquired those skills, i.e. How are you prepared to work in your desired field?
- There is a $75 application fee.