Congressional Black Caucus Spouses Visual Arts Scholarship
CBC Spouses Visual Arts Scholarships:
This scholarship was established in 2006 to provide financial assistance to African American or Black students pursuing a degree in the visual arts. Visual arts include architecture, ceramics, drawing, fashion, graphic design, illustration, interior design, painting, photography, sketching, video production, etc.
Deadline: Friday, April 30, 2021
- U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Currently/planning to be enrolled in the upcoming academic year as a full-time undergraduate student (students pursuing a graduate degree in the fall are ineligible)
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Be pursuing a major and career in a visual art
- Exhibit leadership and community service
- Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black students
• The completed online application must be submitted by 11:59 pm on the deadline date.
• Personal Statement Response
• Provide samples of your creative work not to exceed 5 images (recommended to have the 5 images be themed)
• 2 Recommender request completed
• Resume listing work experience, extracurricular activities, honors, community service and special skills
• A recent photograph suitable for publication (ie. A graduation or other professional quality photograph in which the dress is formal)
Visual Arts Application
- PERSONAL STATEMENT: Please discuss your academic interests and/or professional goals and how you will use your art to make change in your community. (500 word maximum)
- This scholarship requires that you provide a sample of your creative work. Please upload FIVE (5) photograph images of your visual art samples. Be sure to read the sample tips and requirements.
- Visual Arts Sample Work
- Select an area under which your visual art sample work will be reviewed.
- If the area that best represents your sample work was not listed, please indicate.
- Please briefly explain the theme of your visual sample. (200 word maximum)