Congressional Black Caucus Spouses Heineken USA Performing Arts Scholarship
This program was established in 2000 in honor of the late Curtis Mayfield to ensure that students pursuing a degree in the performing arts receive financial assistance.
Deadline varies by position: Friday, November 8, 2019
Deadline 2: Friday, December 13, 2019
- U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Currently/planning to be enrolled in the upcoming academic year as a full-time undergraduate student (students pursuing a graduate degree in the fall are ineligible)
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Pursuing a major and career in a performing art
- Exhibit leadership ability and participate in community service activities
- Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black students
- Must have a major in the performing arts, which includes the following disciplines: theater, drama, comedy, music, dance, opera, marching bands, etc.
Part 1 – General Application
- Resume (3 pages maximum) detailing your academics, extracurricular activities, honors, employment, community service, and special skills.
- Recent photograph suitable for publication (i.e., a cap and gown picture, or other professional quality and professionally dressed photograph).
- TWO (2) electronically submitted letters of recommendation. We suggest one come from a community or public service leader (i.e. church leader, community leader, volunteer organization). The application provides instructions for your references to upload their letters.
Part 2 – Supplemental Questions (after submitting General Application)
- Official transcript (all pages, in color, and legible) scanned and uploaded as ONE (1) PDF file to the Supplemental Questions (which you will access only after you submit your General Application). We are no longer accepting applications via postal mail.
- Electronic copy of detailed Federal Student Aid Report (SAR); this report comes from the US Department of Education and is typically 5 pages in length. This should be uploaded to the online application as a PDF document.
- 2 minute visual recording sample (follow these instructions). Applicant must be easily identified and the file must be saved in a format playable on Windows Media Player. It is suggested you create your video sample on a PC to ensure it is playable on Windows Media Player.
NOTE: There are supplemental questions for the application on the website.
For questions about the application process, please call (202) 263-2800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org