US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Institute
The US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Institute provides the opportunity for US undergraduates to come to the UK on a three to six week academic and cultural summer programme (lenght of time depends on the selected Institute).
Participants in these programs will get the opportunity to experience an exciting academic programme at a highly regarded UK university, explore the culture, heritage and history of the UK, and develop their academic ability by improving presentation, research and communication skills.
For a complete listing and description of available programs, visit the US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Institutes website listed below.
The Summer Institutes will cover the majority of participant costs. This includes round-trip airfare from the US to the UK, tuition and fees at the host university/institution, accommodation and meals and in some cases a small daily allowance.
- Queen's University Belfast; Understanding Ireland: Northern perspectives.
Deadline for All Institutes: Friday, February 8, 2019
To be eligible to apply for the US-UK Fulbright Commission Summer Institutes, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a US citizen (except US-UK dual citizens) and possess a US passport
- Be a current undergraduate student with a GPA of 3.7
- Be over age 18
- Have at least two years of undergraduate study left to complete (i.e. current second- or first-year students)
- Have spent less than 4 weeks outside of the US/North America in the last 5 years
Previous experience in the UK or Europe wouldn’t prevent one from being selected if one does have a strong application.
Students may apply to only one programme per application cycle.
All of the programmes have the same application deadline. Program descriptions and application are listed on the individual page for each institute.