Tsinghua International Summer School - Experiencing China
This summer program is designed to introduce students to the fascinating and diverse world of China. Guided by a standout team of experts in their fields, students in the program will be taught how global issues play out in the Chinese context through interactive classes and panels. With 13 special China-focused tracks to choose from, participants can hone in on specific academic interest including the Economy, City Development and Environment, Innovation, Education, and Humanities. Working from the perspective that China cannot be understood just through the classroom, this summer program emphasizes experiencing China through excursions and on-site trips. Alongside this, students are given the opportunity to gain insight into Chinese culture and the Tsinghua spirit through various cultural experience activities.
Deadline: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Each student is expected to participate in one of thirteen tracks throughout the two-week Tsinghua International Summer School - Experiencing China 2018. Each student’s academic performance will be evaluated with three components:
- 25% Individual students’ day-to-day participation and performance in all learning activities;
- 30% One academic essay/report in the first week to be completed either independently or collaboratively;
- 45% One academic essay/report in the second week to be completed collaboratively, group presentation in the final forum - poster and oral presentation.
The thirteen tracks include (in alphabetical order): Architecture, Chinese Geography, Chinese History, Creative City, Education, Entrepreneurship, Environment, Industry Frontiers, Innovation, Online Education, Tomorrow's Youth, Urbanization, and Women
The applicants for Experiencing China 2019 should fulfill the following requirements: •
- Foreign nationals currently attending college/university
- Must be at least 18 but no more than 30 years of age as of July 11th, 2019; and be in good health
- The program is conducted in English; students are required to provide proof of English proficiency if their first language or teaching language in home institution is not English; please provide one of the following documents as reference:
- IELTS (a score of 6.5 or above)
- TOEFL (a score of 85 or above)
- Other (such as a letter of reference from your institution to prove that your English ability is of a sufficient enough level for learning and communication)
To apply, please complete the application form along with other application materials and email it to: email@example.com
1. Application form (the application form is available at: http://is.tsinghua.edu.cn/publish/isscen/11847/20190122101551617851351/1...)
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Official full academic transcript
4. Photocopy of passport photo page
5. One electronic copy of the applicant's passport-sized photo (front facing, cap-free, white background)
6. Proof of proficiency in English, scores of TOEFL or IELTS (If applicable)
We will acknowledge receipt of your application by email within ten working days of submission.