Point Foundation Scholarship
The Point Foundation is the nation’s largest higher education scholarship-granting organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) students. Point’s multifaceted support of its scholarship recipients (“scholars”) extends far beyond direct financial contribution toward the cost of their education. Each scholar is paired with a mentor and participates in leadership development programs and events.
Complete application information is available online: https://www.pointfoundation.org/point-apply/apply-now/. Students are strongly encouraged to work with the staff of the CCRF for application support.
National Deadline (by 11:59 pm): Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Point Foundation considers many factors when assessing scholarship applicants, including:
- A proven track record of leadership and community involvement
- Strong academic achievement
- Working for the betterment of the LGBTQ community
- Financial need
Eligible applicants also:
- Must be enrolled or intending to enroll at an accredited college or university based in the United States, including Hawaii and Alaska, in the fall of 2016. Students enrolled or intending to enroll in a college or university in a United States territory are NOT eligible
- Must be enrolled full-time for the full academic year
- Must be enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate or graduate/ doctoral program
- Community college students must be transferring to a four-year college or university. Students continuing their studies at community colleges, online programs, trade schools, as well as postdoctoral research students are NOT eligible
- Must be at least a senior in high school
- Must be “out” as a person who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community
Applications should be submitted online through the Point Foundation's online application portal.