Michel David-Weill Scholarship
The Michel David-Weill Scholarship provides an American student attending a partner institution with up to $80,000 to cover the full cost of attending Sciences Po for a two-year master's degree. The scholarship completely covers tuition and fees, housing, books, travel, and other living expenses.
Sciences Po, or the Paris Institute of Political Studies, is one of Europe's leading universities in the humanities and social sciences.
University Endorsement Deadline: Monday, October 29, 2018
The recipient will attend Sciences Po for two years and complete a master's degree.
- Be a graduating fourth-year student with a minimum GPA of 3.7.
- Applicants must also simultaneously apply for admission to one of Sciences Po's masters programs.
- At the time of disbursement, the recipient must also be between the ages of 19 and 25 and have not attained a doctorate.
- The candidate must speak French at a level sufficient for their proposed program.
There are no constraints on the field of study, although candidates wishing to pursue economics are strongly encouraged to apply. The Master of Public Affairs (MPA) and other executive training courses are not allowable choices.
Students must first be nominated by UChicago to apply for this award; the University may nominate only one applicant per year.
To apply for university nomination, applicants must submit the following application materials to Nichole Fazio at email@example.com:
- Personal Statement explaining motivation (maximum 1000 words)
- Three letters of recommendation (students may select up to one professional reference); these should be sent directly by email to Nichole Fazio (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A graded research paper from his or her undergraduate studies (8-10 pages)
- Academic resume or CV
Students will be notified within two weeks of their status. The CCSA will submit all fellowship materials on behalf of the UChicago nominee by the end of November.