Louis Dreyfus-Weidenfeld Scholarship and Leadership Programme
The Louis Dreyfus – Weidenfeld Scholarship and Leadership Programme supports outstanding postgraduate students from transition and emerging economies throughout Africa, Asia, and South America.
The mission of the Louis Dreyfus Foundation is to support initiatives that improve nutrition and food security in developing regions. Through education, research and other means the Foundation hopes to enhance people’s lives and create a more sustainable planet.
The Scholarship covers 100% of university and college fees, and a grant for living costs. Awards are made for the full duration of a student's fee liability for the agreed course. If your scholarship is offered for a course lasting more than one year, the continuation of your scholarship each year is subject to review based on satisfactory academic progress.
Application deadline, depending on your course: Friday, January 11, 2019
Application deadline, depending on your course: Friday, January 25, 2019
The Leadership Programme includes:
- An annual Leadership and Public Policy Seminar - including moderated discussions and workshops on political philosophy and leadership development. Each Seminar is designed to focus on a relevant global issue with forthcoming themes including environment and sustainable development issues;
- Practical skills training in presentation, exam-writing and interviewing techniques;
- A London Leadership Forum at the end of the academic year;
- Engagement in the Institute for Strategic Dialogue’s projects and conferences;
- Organisation of an annual Weidenfeld Debate; and
- Numerous networking opportunities throughout the year.
The Programme is managed by the Institute for Strategic Dialogue (ISD). ISD is an independent think tank working with leaders in government, business, academia and the media to develop multi-country responses to the major security and socio-economic challenges of our time and to enhance Europe’s capacity to act effectively in the global arena.
The Louis Dreyfus - Weidenfeld Scholarship and Leadership Programme targets future leaders pursuing diverse careers within the agro-business sector with a focus on improving food security and sustainability. Successful applicants must demonstrate an interest in serving the global community through their chosen field of work, including but not limited to, agriculture, health care, environmental and water management, economic, public and foreign policy.
Eligible applicants must hold an undergraduate degree and be an ordinary resident of a country in Africa, Asia, or South America (visit the program web site for a current list of eligible countries). Applicants should meet the basic requirements for entry to their desired course. A list of eligible courses is also available on the program website.