IOP Internship Stipend Award
In addition to the Summer Internship Program, the IOP provides a small number of stipends to students who have found an internship opportunity on their own in politics, policy or a related field. The IOP’s Summer Stipend Program offers the opportunity to apply for a $2,000 stipend to support a substantive summer internship. The program is open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
Applications will open on April 1 at 12:00 p.m. The deadline for the first round of funding is May 3 at 6:00 p.m., and the deadline for the second round of funding is May 31 at 6:00 p.m. Apply here when applications open!
Applications are read name-blind. The main criteria we consider are:
- Relevance of the opportunity to the mission of the IOP and a focus on policy, politics, and public service.
- Please note, we define these fields broadly; to see the types of internships we support directly, please go here.
- Financial Need
- Students are eligible to apply for an IOP Stipend even if they are receiving funding from other grants or sources. Students whose internships are entirely unpaid will receive priority consideration for these stipends.
- Demonstrated interest and/or engagement in the fields of policy, politics, and public service.
- Students are asked to outline their engagement in these fields, but prior work experience is not required.
Please contact Scott Davis, Program Coordinator of Career Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
First Round Application Deadline: Sunday, May 3, 2020
Second Round Application Deadline: Sunday, May 31, 2020
Applications will open on April 1 at 12:00 p.m. The deadline for the first round of funding is May 3 at 6:00 p.m., and the deadline for the second round of funding is May 31 at 6:00 p.m.