Center for Jewish Studies Conference, Research, and Travel Grant
The Chicago Center for Jewish Studies at the University of Chicago is pleased to announce a new program to fund educational and research opportunities in Jewish Studies for undergraduate students in their first, second, or third year of study at the University of Chicago.
Eligible expenses include (1) summer educational programs in some area of Jewish Studies; (2) conferences in which the student is a participant in the program; (3) expenses for research travel and materials, and (4) advanced foreign language study in an accredited program (beyond the level offered by the University during the four quarters of the academic year). Students may combine their awards with funding from other sources to cover expenses.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and should be submitted to Nancy Pardee (email@example.com).
Deadline varies by opportunity: Friday, March 29, 2019
Post-award report: All awardees must submit a one-page report within four weeks of the project's completion. The report must (1) detail the use of funds and include receipts, and (2) explain the impact of the grant funds on the student's academic career.
Available for first-, second-, and third-years.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and should be submitted to Nancy Pardee (firstname.lastname@example.org). All materials should be sent as Word attachments or PDFs. The information and application can be found on the Chicago Center for Jewish Studies Website.
The application materials must include:
1. CCJS Cover Sheet
2. Project description (no longer than two pages)
3. Rough budget covering the entire trip and demonstrating the use of the total amount being requested
4. Current CV
5. Letter of recommendation from a University of Chicago faculty sponsor.
6. E-mail from the student’s departmental chair stating that the student is in good standing
7. Official conference announcement
8. Acceptance of presentation by conference organizers